POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Now Australia too... : Re: Now Australia too... Server Time
9 Oct 2024 20:48:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Now Australia too...
From: John VanSickle
Date: 31 Oct 2008 23:20:20
Message: <490bcaf4@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz wrote:
> somebody wrote:
>> I believe that child porn is way overhyped, but on the other hand, has there
>> ever been an abuse of the censorship implemented against it - has any anti
>
> 	Against child porn specifically, nothing off the top of my head.
>
> 	However, stuff like cameras all over the streets of UK are openly being
> used for much beyond what they were installed for.
>
> 	Besides, the question may be somewhat irrelevant. Will you accept
> random searches into your house (along with all the computers in it) for
> illegal paraphernalia (or even just for child porn possession)?

At least in the US, this is one thing we don't have to worry about.
Random searches of private homes are prohibited under our Constitution.

Not that this is terribly great protection.  The cops can always claim
they got an anonymous tip about child porn (or some other contraband),
and then find it, even it wasn't there until the cops showed up...

Regards,
John