POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It must be friday : Re: It must be friday Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It must be friday
From: Darren New
Date: 31 Oct 2008 16:02:02
Message: <490b643a$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Are you serious?

Yeah. I just picked up a terabyte SATA drive for $120 a couple days ago,
for a backup. The smallest thing on the shelf that wasn't a laptop drive
was 160G, and those were all on clearance.

> Keep in mind that the servers all use SCSI, which for some reason is 10x
> more expensive than PATA or SATA.

Because there's much more logic on the hard drive than for the other
interfaces.

> But surprise surprise, there's nothing to undelete.)

Yeah. NTFS tends to reuse directory entries pretty aggressively, and
it's not like you can look at some bitmap somewhere to find erased data.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)