POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bought it (w00t!) : Re: Bought it (w00t!) Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:38:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bought it (w00t!)
From: Darren New
Date: 30 Oct 2008 22:55:48
Message: <490a73b4$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Oh, come on!  You don't dislike Windows a lot more than Unix! :P

Untrue. It's just that there's lots more FUD and misinformation about
Windows bandied around than about Linux.  Here, at least. :-)

Each has their strengths and weaknesses. There are places I wouldn't
dream of using a closed-source OS like Windows.  There are people I
wouldn't dream of giving Linux to. :-)

> I was in a hurry today, so shouldn't be arguing here anyway... :P

I know how *that* can be. :-)

Just for amusement, Amazon now lets you start up Windows servers in
their compute cloud. They cost 20% more than the Linux servers. Now we
know.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)