POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : YouTube : Re: YouTube Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YouTube
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 30 Oct 2008 14:44:56
Message: <490a00a8@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> Don't ask me why, but I was expecting better. Oh well, I guess I should
>> just give up on this as a bad job. Even if I could figure out how to
>> upload my movie, if it's going to become unrecognisible like this then
>> there's really no point to it.
>
>   You seem to have certain compulsive obsession about many things. One of
> them is that you won't touch DivX or Xvid, no matter what, even though those
> are the codecs which most people use to create video (including those which
> go to youtube). It feels like you would jump through a thousands hoops just
> in order to not to use those mpeg4 codecs. Well, your loss.

I have an MPEG1 encoder. I don't have an MPEG4 encoder. You do the math. :-P

(Besides, the video looked OK encoded in MPEG1. Trouble is, YouTube
resized it to some much smaller spatial resolution, rendering it
unrecognisible. The actual compression isn't *that* bad, but the
resizing means that half the image is invisible...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/