POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XKCD := WTF? : Re: XKCD := WTF? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 03:04:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XKCD := WTF?
From: andrel
Date: 2 Nov 2008 07:54:04
Message: <490DA340.7060703@hotmail.com>
On 02-Nov-08 13:31, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> Heh. I never did comprehend the whole left wing/right wing thing.
>> left/right does not really describe it fully. Not even in the US.
>
> As I understand it, it's only meant to be a first-level summary.

It mostly works in two party states. If you live in a country where
there are 10 or more parties in parliament you realize that politics is
a multi dimensional space.

BTW IMHO it is slightly more subtle. It is not the case that politicians
and parties can be divided in left and right, but voters can be divided
in those that dislike lefties and those that hate right wing bastards.
Many of them will deny that they are right or left wing themselves.
Still you can identify the non-left and the non-right parties. You might
equate non-left with right, but that does not do them justice ;)

>>> It's a very simple thing to remember.
>> That will not make it easy to vote. I assume you don't do that.
>
> No. When all politicians are equally evil, it doesn't seem to matter
> which one you pick.

Next election watch the people not the party. Vote for someone you trust
and see if (s)he delivers. If you do not know enough of the people, the
best ones are often the women that are more intelligent than the leader.
You know how he got there and she does too.