POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XKCD := WTF? : Re: XKCD := WTF? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XKCD := WTF?
From: andrel
Date: 2 Nov 2008 07:26:24
Message: <490D9CC5.4020201@hotmail.com>
On 02-Nov-08 12:38, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> ...then I'm guessing it also helps to know what a "republican" is too.
>>>
>> I had a problem remembering who was who too. What helps for me is that
>> democrats put the need of the people first (or at least they suggest
>> that) while republicans put the need of the nation first (assuming
>> that the interest of themselves coincides with the interest of the
>> nation).
>>  From this it is not hard to infer that Clinton and Obama are
>> democrats whereas the Bushes, Reagan and McCain are republicans. I
>> hope that helps.
>
> Heh. I never did comprehend the whole left wing/right wing thing.
left/right does not really describe it fully. Not even in the US.
> I just tend to think that all politicians are inherently power-hungry,
> lying, cheating, manipulative, evil scum.
No that are just the ones you see on the TV. These are the ones that
either got a top position by being power hungry or are incompetent
enough to hit the headlines before they got there. Still most of the
politicians are motivated and more or less competent. Unfortunately you
have your scum at any level, so even the local politicians (and
professors, managers, bankers... for that matter) will seem to be all
corrupt.

> It's a very simple thing to remember.
That will not make it easy to vote. I assume you don't do that.