POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bought it (w00t!) : Bought it (w00t!) Server Time
9 Oct 2024 20:51:30 EDT (-0400)
  Bought it (w00t!)
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 29 Oct 2008 15:58:44
Message: <4908c074$1@news.povray.org>
Asus Eee PC900HA XP Netbook
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220441

I've had it for about a week.  For $350, it's everything I had hoped for.
But geez, the keyboard is cramped!  Yes, I expected it, but it's quite
difficult to type well.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it.  The wireless connection seems to pick up
everything.  Who knew there were so many wifi networks in the middle of
nowhere?  Apparently, I'm a late adopter...  Most are unsecured, too, so
(ethical considerations aside) you could basically strap it onto your back
while riding your bike and send emails to your friends at the edge of a
cornfield.  Yes, I tried it in a couple places.

The beautiful thing about it is the size.  It's about like carrying around a
day-planner.  The downside is also its size, with the tiny screen
(1024x600), but it works well for everything I had wanted, and it is
possible to plug in a monitor, keyboard and mouse if you really want.  I
haven't tried POV-Ray yet, but it's on my list of things to do.

Me happy.  =D