POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : YouTube : YouTube Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  YouTube
From: Invisible
Date: 29 Oct 2008 07:46:12
Message: <49084d04@news.povray.org>
And so, last night I signed up for a YouTube account.

It took multiple attempts, mind you. For some reason, you have to click
on every link on the site 4-5 times before the corresponding page
actually loads. Plus the application form gets rejected if any fields
are blank, and when it does this it helpfully blanks out some of the
fields you already filled in (but not all of them, because then you'd
notice it and wouldn't get caught out).

I did have a go at uploading a video, but this was an excercise in
extreme futility. The smallest video I had handy was roughly 300 MB, and
it took half an hour to upload 8 MB. Clearly uploading uncompressed
video is infeasible.

I shall have a go tonight. Hopefully if I apply a really tiny amount of
compression, the video will still be recognisable and will unload in
less than thirteen millennia...