POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Processor speed : Re: Processor speed Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:23:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Processor speed
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 28 Oct 2008 15:41:54
Message: <49076b02$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Obviously, cache behaviour is something I have absolutely no control
> over, so there's no point worrying about it.

Not entirely true; If you want good speed I think it's worth trying to
code things so all the necessary memory will fit within your cache.  Of
course this will put a limit on the size of problem you can solve
without slowing things down a bit.  I'm sure that someone like Warp
could give you more detailed pointers, although if you're doing this in
haskell it may not lend itself to this sort of optimization as well as,
say, C++.