POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Management stupidity : Re: Management stupidity Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:23:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Management stupidity
From: Darren New
Date: 27 Oct 2008 16:13:55
Message: <49062103$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> that would be "panicing", regardless of
> whether it turns out to be justified or not.

Technically, I think that would be over-reacting. "Panic" is when you
don't know what you can do to make the situation better, so you do
anything, on the grounds that anything might be better than nothing.

Like, you wake up, your house is on fire, flames and smoke everywhere,
you run outside, and you realize you've taken the alarm clock with you.
*That* is panic. :-)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)