POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stability : Re: Stability Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:19:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stability
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 27 Oct 2008 13:08:33
Message: <4905f591$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> My pension provider just wrote to me to say that although the current
> situation is looking pretty grim, things should turn out OK in the end.
> The whole "these things happen from time to time, now is not the time to
> panic, etc." I don't know whether to be reassured or dismiss it as
> marketing hype. (Basically they don't want me to close the pension fund
> they currently have the use of...)

IANAFA (I am not a financial advisor)

But, here's the thing: You're young and no where near retirement age. In
short, don't panic. Selling now would be a very bad thing. Keep your
long term investments. I have a 401(k) plan, and am quite happy picking
up some cheap stocks through it at the moment. Because once the market
recovers, my retirement goes up at a faster rate.

Of course, the outlook is bleak for those looking to retire in the near
future.

--
~Mike