POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stability : Re: Stability Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stability
From: Invisible
Date: 27 Oct 2008 12:54:34
Message: <4905f24a$1@news.povray.org>
>> I find myself really wanting to believe that human kind isn't that
>> stupid. But.....
>
> abject pessimism always makes you pleasantly surprised. Just expect the
> worst out of people, and you'll be amazed when somebody does something
> smart.

LOL! Nice...

I always seem to expect other people to be smarter than me, and then
feel dissapointed when they aren't. (Which is odd, considering I'm such
a pessimistic person.)

> I saw this coming years ago, BTW ... When the average family started
> buying up $250,000 houses, I knew something somewhere was going to fall
> apart. ->POP<- What was that? I think a bubble just burst.

My pension provider just wrote to me to say that although the current
situation is looking pretty grim, things should turn out OK in the end.
The whole "these things happen from time to time, now is not the time to
panic, etc." I don't know whether to be reassured or dismiss it as
marketing hype. (Basically they don't want me to close the pension fund
they currently have the use of...)