POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Management stupidity : Re: Management stupidity Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:23:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Management stupidity
From: somebody
Date: 27 Oct 2008 11:07:34
Message: <4905d936@news.povray.org>
news:4905d4f4@news.povray.org...

> No, _you_ miss the point: Why does it matter if our suppliers run out of
> something we don't actually need to purchase right now?

Risk assessment. "Right now" is not the only timeframe people need to
consider, especially those who are responsible for smooth runnings of
operations. If the said manager has the potential to be in hot water
"later", due to the consequences of his inaction today, costing the company
much more than the purchase, his rational decision is to make the purchase,
for both his own as well as the company's sake.