POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Management stupidity : Re: Management stupidity Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:18:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Management stupidity
From: somebody
Date: 27 Oct 2008 10:43:53
Message: <4905d3a9$1@news.povray.org>
news:49058500$1@news.povray.org...

> > It depends on the outcome. If it turns out that there is a real shortage
then
> > its planning if not then it's panic.

> No... If you sit down and look at how much we currently have, how much
> we're likely to need in the near future, and base a purchasing decision
> on that - in other words *look at the information* before acting -
> _that_ would be "planning".

You miss the point. Everybody else is not going to "look at how much we
currently have, how much we're likely to need in the near future", and it is
the demand that will determine the outcome, so what you mention is
*irrelevant* information. What you really need to look at is how everybody
else behaves under such circumstances, which is the relevant information.
You won't succeed in real life under utopic assumptions while ignoring human
behavioural patterns.