POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The misery of video editing : Re: The misery of video editing Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:33:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The misery of video editing
From: Invisible
Date: 27 Oct 2008 05:03:09
Message: <490583cd$1@news.povray.org>
>> Interesting. When I ask people how the hell all those videos on YouTube
>> are put together, everybody invariably reply "oh, they probably just use
>> WMM".
>
>   Ok, you *can* create more complicated videos with WMM than eg. with
> VirtualDub, but as far as I can see it's way more simplistic than a
> professional video editing software.

Yeah, I couldn't persuade it to do much either.

>   With mencoder you could stream-copy the DVD to an AVI file, which will
> then most probably be openable in WMM, VirtualDub or whatever.

Last time I played with mencoder I doubt it to be quite tricky to
produce video files that other players would actually play. Still, I
could perhaps try to persuade it to generate a fully uncompressed AVI
file; surely just about everything will handle that...

That only leaves the question of how to shrink it down for upload
purposes. Given that I'm going to be chopping it into many smaller
pieces, hopefully I can get under the 8-day limit. (For some reason, the
video isn't great quality to start with, so compressing it can't hurt
that much.)