POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data technicalities : Re: Data technicalities Server Time
9 Oct 2024 20:48:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Data technicalities
From: Manuel Kasten
Date: 26 Oct 2008 14:21:51
Message: <4904b53f$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias schrieb:
> (...)
> Anyways, he's starting to lose track of all the backups and versions of
> work he's doing on various PCs and I was wondering if anyone knows of a
> good, reliable software, which might just require an external HD to keep
> a specific folder (or various thereof) synchronized across multiple
> computers?

AllwaySync works really great. It cannot be confused by differing system
clocks or when files are edited at multiple locations before syncing.
There is a free version for testing purposes or personal low-volume
usage (up to 20.000 files in 30 days). The Pro versions are affordable,
too. There is a Version ('n' Go) which can be installed on the usb drive
and runs without further installing directly from there on any (Windows)
PC (Haven't tried that one myself, but the standard version [which is
for installation on one PC] works very well).

Manuel