POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Virtual PC 2007 : Ubuntu and VirtualBox Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Ubuntu and VirtualBox
From: Michael Raiford
Date: 25 Oct 2008 15:38:57
Message: <490375d1@news.povray.org>
Michael Raiford wrote:

> So, now ... I'm downloading Ubuntu, and I'll be creating a VM for it.

Yay!

I attached a screenshot of VirtualBox's seamless mode. So I have a Vista
desktop with Ubuntu windows running on it. Very neat. Yes, thats ArahWeave.

Things I've noticed about the latest versions of Linux, They seem to
have a very familiar feel to them (e.g. it feels a whole lot like Vista,
right down to the security prompts. The only difference there is it asks
you for your password. Nice touch)

I've noticed with VirtualBox that maximized windows on the guest system
tend to interfere with the host a bit.

Another nice Windowsy touch: 160 updates as soon as it was installed. :p

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ubuntu.jpg' (145 KB)

Preview of image 'ubuntu.jpg'