POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The misery of video editing : Re: The misery of video editing Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The misery of video editing
From: Warp
Date: 25 Oct 2008 14:26:16
Message: <490364c8@news.povray.org>
> I was surprised to hear people say that they actually edit video on a
> normal home PC. I had always assumed that was impossible.

> It's beginning to look like it _is_ impossible...

  It's exactly as impossible as, for example, image editing. *Of course*
it's impossible if you don't have any *software* for that specific purpose.

  Of course video editing is one of those fields for which there are good
but expensive commercial software (Adobe and Apple have quite good ones),
but there aren't many even mediocre free software for that purpose. Maybe
it has something to do with demand vs. supply.

> So I renamed the file form *.VOB to *.MPG.

  That reminds me of those anecdotes where someone couldn't get a C program
to run, and when asked exactly what he is trying, it results that he is
simply renaming the file from *.c to *.exe.

--
                                                          - Warp