POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blender Vs PovRay : Re: Blender Vs PovRay Server Time
11 Jun 2024 11:55:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blender Vs PovRay
From: nemesis
Date: 24 Oct 2008 09:33:19
Message: <4901ce9f$1@news.povray.org>
stbenge escreveu:
> nemesis wrote:
>> stbenge escreveu:
>>
>> Tapestry!  yes, no way of doing that in Blender alone, particularly as
>> it employs a loop to define further iterations to the warps... I could
>> try to manually do those transforms, or perhaps learn how to script it
>> with python... :/
>
> Are you backing down from the challenge? :)

I'm afraid so.  Very, very afraid. :P

that tapestry texture is amazing.  I'm also reminded of Jaime's
ceramic tiles macro that do it with function patterns:

http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=Ceramic_Tiles

Yes, Blender's procedurals still have a long way until being as
featureful as Pov's... if the GUI doesn't get in the way, that is... :P