POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Too many pipes? : Re: Too many pipes? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 05:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Too many pipes?
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Oct 2008 13:50:09
Message: <4900b951$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> It is. I know the AWE64 software synth portion was quite nice. guitars
> sounded like guitars, etc ..

There's an artist named Larry Fast who has a one-man band called
"Synergy."  He produces what was called "electronic music" a few decades
ago, more rock than trance-like. In the liner notes of his first album
talking about what instruments he used, he lists a dozen synthesizers
and such, and ends with "and no guitars." In his second album, other
synthesizers, and "and still no guitars."  Third album the same. Fourth
album, one of the synthesizers is "Madrong M-500 guitar synthesizer."[1]
And at the bottom, he adds "Finally, guitars, sort of."

[1] I don't know the exact brand offhand, no. :-) Don't google "madrong".

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)