POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40 : Re: Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40 Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40
From: nemesis
Date: 23 Oct 2008 11:17:08
Message: <49009574$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 escreveu:
> Darren New wrote:
>
>> Value and cost are two entirely different things. That's kind of the
>> point.
>
> Director: What's the matter?
>
> Doctor: Do you know, it's the damnest thing... I can't seem to find my
> sonic screwdriver...
>
> Director: Are you seriously proposing to dismantle a £50,000,000 machine
> with a screwdriver?
>
> Doctor: It's not worth 50,000,000 *peas* if it doesn't *work*, is it?

All this talk about things worth shit reminded of "Le Vin de Merde", a
chep new wine label from France:
http://www.whytraveltofrance.com/2008/09/17/le-vin-de-merde/

Linux works just fine as long as you do not depend on Microsoft
technologies, in which case you'll be whining to no end about
incompatibilities, bugs, missing features and whatever...