POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Virtual PC 2007 : Re: Virtual PC 2007 Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:23:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtual PC 2007
From: Tom Austin
Date: 23 Oct 2008 11:04:31
Message: <4900927f$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> Anybody ever run a Linux distro under this beastie?

I have

It's been a while, but if I remember right, the biggest problem is color
depth.  If you can get past that, you should be in good shape.

You may run into some driver problems as well.  IIRC the kernel 'generic
ide' driver was not playing nice - lots of timeouts - disabled it and
things went smoother.

There is a pretty large speed hit, but I didn't have cpu virtulization
extensions available.

All in all it worked pretty good

Hope this helps some.

LAter...  Tom