POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Too many pipes? : Re: Too many pipes? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:13:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Too many pipes?
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 22 Oct 2008 08:37:18
Message: <48ff1e7e@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

>> Thinking of writing a simulator? ;-)
>
> Well let's put it this way: What do you think my chances of building a
> working set of organ pipes are? :-P Last time I tried to cut wood, I
> couldn't even cut it straight! :-/ I figure I have far more chance of
> building an organ simulator...

Reminds me of something I had some time ago. It was a software synth
based on the physical characteristics of the instrument, I think it was
put out by Creative at the time, bundled with their sound card. I've
since forgotten the name of it, though. Ahh, called WaveGuide:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_waveguide_synthesis

Interesting technology. Good luck if you do produce a pipe organ simulator.

--
~Mike