POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Say hello to my new wavetank... : Re: Say hello to my new wavetank... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:22:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Say hello to my new wavetank...
From: scott
Date: 22 Oct 2008 07:41:10
Message: <48ff1156$1@news.povray.org>
> This is from a test run. I'm hoping to make the thing programmable.
> (I.e., so you don't have to recompile the program every time you want to
> run a different simulation.) If I get this working, maybe I'll post the
> completed program...

Cool!  What language are you using, Haskell?  It's pretty cool how with the
very simple wave equation you can get all the pretty circular ripples and
reflections.

I did have a version that did the calculations on the GPU a while back, I'll
have to dig it out and put in on YouTube or something - still images just
don't do the wave equation justice!