POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Too many pipes? : Re: Too many pipes? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Too many pipes?
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Oct 2008 14:00:15
Message: <48fe18af$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Maddeningly, I've searched and searched the online version, but cannot
> find any reference to this experiment. It definitely appears in the
> paper copy I have though.

Cool. I'll dig thru the index.

> (As an aside, I found the book to be somewhat dissapointing. But there
> were one or two very interesting things to be found. This was one of them!)

I thought a lot of it was pretty cool, and he did a good job of
organizing it into "the part you read for fun" and "the part you read if
you're actually going to do something technical with the results".
(Unlike several other tomes of this sort I've read.) Altho, yeah, the
hubris was rather astounding. :-)

I trust you've read Godel-Escher-Bach?

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)