POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Here it is! : Re: Here it is! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:23:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Here it is!
From: Invisible
Date: 21 Oct 2008 04:08:18
Message: <48fd8df2$1@news.povray.org>
Florian Pesth wrote:

> Nice! I was hoping for the recording though :).

Yeah, me too. :-(

Unfortunately, my computer stubbornly claims all the DVDs are blank and
won't read any data from them.

> Actually sorry, after
> some googling I found, that "Lieblich Gedact" was not a typo for
> "Lieblich Gedacht" but for
> "Lieblich Gedac(k)t" which is derived from gedeckt and stands for a pipe
> which is closed at the top and therefore an octave or quint lower than a
> pipe of the same lenth wich is open. And that is spelled with hard "k".
> So you control "lovely closed pipes" with it.

Yeah, the Organ Stop Dictionary lists both spellings. (It claims that
"Gedackt" means "covered" and "Lieblich" means "lovely" or "lively".)

Sure enough, it is one of the nicest solo stops on the organ. (Although
the bass notes sound horrid. The higher notes are quite flutey and sweet
though.)

> I found this guy quite impressive:
>
> http://www.sentex.ca/~mwandel/organ/organ.html

Heh, nice.

I figured it wasn't work even trying to build a decent key action. (And
you have no idea how hard it is to play a keyboard with a bad action!
That was the major problem with this organ - and that was built by a
reputable London organ builder. Admitedly 150 years ago, but even so...)

Now if I could find a way to construct electronic, motorised air valves
and control them from my PC... ;-)