POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Here it is! : Re: Here it is! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Here it is!
From: Florian Pesth
Date: 20 Oct 2008 16:12:44
Message: <48fce63c@news.povray.org>
Am Mon, 20 Oct 2008 20:12:38 +0100 schrieb Orchid XP v8:

>>> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/333
>>
>> Congrats! Sounds like fun!
>
> Hell yeah! :-D
>
> Seriously, you gotta try this. ;-) Just find an old church somewhere and
> ask 'em if you can fiddle with their organ.

Nice! I was hoping for the recording though :). Actually sorry, after
some googling I found, that "Lieblich Gedact" was not a typo for
"Lieblich Gedacht" (which one could translate to "lovely thought of"
denken->gedacht - could have fitted in some song, I was not aware that
you were talking about registers) but for
"Lieblich Gedac(k)t" which is derived from gedeckt and stands for a pipe
which is closed at the top and therefore an octave or quint lower than a
pipe of the same lenth wich is open. And that is spelled with hard "k".
So you control "lovely closed pipes" with it.

> I *did* briefly muse to myself tonight that maybe I could attempt to
> construct a pipe organ of my own... but then I concluded that while a
> proof-of-concept device wouldn't be too difficult, making a real musical
> instrument would be absurdly hard.

I found this guy quite impressive:

http://www.sentex.ca/~mwandel/organ/organ.html