POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Here it is! : Re: Here it is! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Here it is!
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 20 Oct 2008 15:12:28
Message: <48fcd81c@news.povray.org>
>> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/333
>
> Congrats! Sounds like fun!

Hell yeah! :-D

Seriously, you gotta try this. ;-) Just find an old church somewhere and
ask 'em if you can fiddle with their organ.

> I was kind of amused by this link a few clicks off the youtube link you
> gave: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wpn7xyzUqg  It gets rather amusing
> about 40 seconds in.

Heh. Yeah... that's some good stuff. ;-)

Although actually, a mere 16' stop is quite enough that objects some
distance from the organ make irritating rattling sounds. And the organ
isn't even working all that well right now...

I *did* briefly muse to myself tonight that maybe I could attempt to
construct a pipe organ of my own... but then I concluded that while a
proof-of-concept device wouldn't be too difficult, making a real musical
instrument would be absurdly hard.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/