POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Very long post : Re: Very long post Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:12:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very long post
From: Invisible
Date: 20 Oct 2008 06:13:07
Message: <48fc59b3@news.povray.org>
Joel Yliluoma wrote:

> What you described -- I didn't read all of it though -- sounds
> very much the same as what boost::spirit does in C++.

Looking at the Spirit documentation, it *does* indeed look highly
similar. (Right down to using the ">>" operator for the same purpose
that Parsec does.)

The difference, of course, is that Spirit uses compile-time template
insanity to do it's work, whereas Parsec does all its cleverness at
runtime. (So Spirit is probably faster, and Parsec supports constructing
user-defined parsers at runtime.)