POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : horizontally orthographic and vertically perspective projection : Re: horizontally orthographic and vertically perspective projection Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:20:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: horizontally orthographic and vertically perspective projection
From: jan dvorak
Date: 20 Oct 2008 04:31:45
Message: <48fc41f1$1@news.povray.org>
pyromania napsal(a):
> How can i use the camera which is horizontally orthographic and vertically
> perspective projection?
> I couldn't find such option in basic POV-ray.
> So, I download the Megapov which has user_defined option.
> But I cannot understand it.
> I want to know if the user_defined camera can make the scene what i want, and if
> yes, how can i do that with the option.
> I'l so appreciate your advices.

hello,
the cylindric camera might look a bit like what you're looking for.
If this is not good enough (which probably isn't).

To define a camera type, you need to define two vectors for each pixel:
where to shoot the ray from (location) and which direction to shoot at
(direction).
You can define vector as a function of u and v. U runs from left to
right in the interval [0..1], V runs from bottom to top.
There are two ways to define these functions. In the first one you
define each vector component (x,y,z) independently.