POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Adding inside_vector (for CSG) to HF macros in shapes.inc : Re: Adding inside_vector (for CSG) to HF macros in shapes.inc Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:15:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Adding inside_vector (for CSG) to HF macros in shapes.inc
From: Warp
Date: 17 Oct 2008 17:18:07
Message: <48f9010f@news.povray.org>
Kenneth <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> Render time?

> I wasn't aware that render time would be influenced by that; triangle meshes are
> 'generated' during parsing, AFAIK, where the time differences would show up. Or
> else I'm confused about what you originally meant. Or just plain confused!

  inside_vector is used for CSG, and CSG is calculated at rendertime.
Obviously thus if inside_vector has any effect on speed, it's precisely
at rendertime.

  Why would it make any difference at parse time? It's just one single
keyword at the end of the mesh definition. It sets a flag on in the mesh
structure that says that the inside_vector feature should be used. Why
would that have any effect to the parse time?

  I don't even understand why you would think it has any effect at parse
time.

--
                                                          - Warp