POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A silly little toy (~200 kb) : Build #86 (user-defined functions) Server Time
10 Oct 2024 03:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Build #86 (user-defined functions)
From: Invisible
Date: 16 Oct 2008 11:47:00
Message: <48f761f4@news.povray.org>
Well that didn't last long! Here's build #86. (I promise there won't be
any more for a while yet...)

Changes:

- The predicate "?x: a = x & b = x" now yields "a <- b" as you'd expect.
(It's a hack, so it doesn't always work.)

- Fixed a very evil bug where calling functions with certain variable
names as arguments would cause bizare malfunctions. (Basically the
variable names used inside the function clashing with the arguments
passed in. This *should* be fixed now...)

- Functions are no longer hard-wired into the program; you can define
your own! The Library.txt file (it must be called exactly that) contains
the definitions. If this file doesn't exist or is not parsable,
currently the situation isn't handled terribly gracefully.

I've included the hard-wired functions, but feel free to add your own!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'logic.exe.dat' (189 KB) Download 'us-ascii' (1 KB)