POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Teh intertubes : Re: Teh intertubes Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Teh intertubes
From: scott
Date: 16 Oct 2008 04:29:46
Message: <48f6fb7a$1@news.povray.org>
> I don't have any way of generating DivX or Xvid.

Lots of freeware tools can make it.  One GUI tool that I find particularly
easy to use is Xvid4PSP, lots of presets so no need to fiddle about with
command line options if you don't want to.

> Since my camcorder records onto 8cm DVDs which are reputedly playable on a
> normal DVD player, I'm presuming it generates MPEG-2. (I'm not sure how to
> actually get that off the disk though.)

There are much better compression algorithms (ie way lower bitrate for same
quality) than the DVD-standard available.  Read the instructions, I'm sure
it will tell you how to get the video on to your computer.