POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Teh intertubes : Re: Teh intertubes Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:23:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Teh intertubes
From: Invisible
Date: 16 Oct 2008 04:16:06
Message: <48f6f846$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Attwood wrote:

> Here I can UL at 1 Mb/s, so 80 MB would be ~11 minutes.

Well, I get something like 5 Mbit/sec down, 0.1 Mbit/sec up. So 80 MB =
640 Mbit, divided by 0.1 Mbit/sec = 6,400 seconds = 106 minutes = almost
2 hours. Which, actually, isn't as bad as I'd feared.

(For example, downloading KNOPPIX - a 700 MB CD ISO image - took about 3
hours last time I tried. Given how much slower it is to upload than
download, I was thinking it would take years to upload anything of size.)

> There's a 1 GB limit.

What, on YouTube itself?

Mmm, OTOH it would take forever to upload that much data anyway...

I guess a few minutes of DVD video shouldn't be *that* large.