POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Teh intertubes : Re: Teh intertubes Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Teh intertubes
From: Invisible
Date: 16 Oct 2008 04:11:42
Message: <48f6f73e$1@news.povray.org>
>> They take various formats .WMV, .AVI, .MOV, and .MPG etc.
>
>   If I'm not mistaken, only the last one is a video format. The other three
> are container formats and do not specify the video format.

Yeah, probably. (I'm not 100% sure about WMV though.)

>   An divx or xvid encoded video in an AVI file should work just fine for
> youtube.

I don't have any way of generating DivX or Xvid. But IIRC, last time I
tried, no matter what settings I used the picture came out horrifically
blurry. I'd down the quality settings higher and higher, and the file
got larger and larger, but there was no visible improvement in the
picture. (OTOH, there seemed to be several million settings to adjust...)

Since my camcorder records onto 8cm DVDs which are reputedly playable on
a normal DVD player, I'm presuming it generates MPEG-2. (I'm not sure
how to actually get that off the disk though.)