POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Weeee.... : Re: Weeee.... Server Time
10 Oct 2024 03:06:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Weeee....
From: Invisible
Date: 16 Oct 2008 04:07:07
Message: <48f6f62b@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:

> Actually, I'm quite fascinated by pipe organs. Just because they are so
> big and seem so complex.

I love the sound they make. It seems so powerful and majestic.

Also, there are some really good-looking organs out there. It's such a
huge, architectural machine. Many of them are ornately decorated. The
one in the Royal Albert Hall looks sort of like some bizare child's
plaything - except that it's *huge*! The pipes along the facade look
almost like toy tin whistles, but they're 4' diammeter! :-D

And of course, there's nothing like the sound of a 13 tonne pipe organ
to make ladies' handbags scurry across the floor in terror at the awesom
power of the 32' stop. >:-D Muhuhuh!