POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A silly little toy (~200 kb) : Re: A silly little toy (~200 kb) Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A silly little toy (~200 kb)
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 15 Oct 2008 14:56:50
Message: <48f63cf2$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> Will it solve simple stuff like "x + 1 = 3" in version 1.5? :)

Probably not.

Logic programming systems like this are more targetted at questions like
"if Sue is Helen's mother and Helen is Jamie's mother, is James related
to Helen?" and similar.

Currently the thing has no way to store "facts" and no way to define new
predicate functions. Once I add that... I will have basically
reimplemented the Prolog programming language. o_O

(Go look that up on Wikipedia BTW.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/