POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Surface from XYZ data : Re: Surface from XYZ data Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Surface from XYZ data
From: Chris B
Date: 15 Oct 2008 13:18:06
Message: <48f625ce$1@news.povray.org>
"Dan Connelly" <djc### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
>I attempted a calculation of normal vectors for this mesh2 object.

You just beat me to it :o)

We've both used very similar techniques. I was just investigating some dark
lines that I get along the edges of the grid and light lines along the
diagonals of the triangles (I notice you got them too), but I've concluded
that it's just due to the fact that the z distances are relatively large.

Regards,
Chris B.