POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Metric redux : Re: Metric redux Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:25:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metric redux
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 15 Oct 2008 01:25:48
Message: <48f57edc$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> In the UK, aren't speeds in KPH, but signs in miles?  It's been a few
> years, but I wanted to say that that was the other odd thing about
> driving over there.  Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

	My understanding was that it's meant to be a temporary problem, not
lasting more than a generation. Imperial units usage was common there
until recently, and is still common when it comes to miles. The hope was
that the new generation will be more comfortable with km. No idea if
that's the case.

	I believe (others can correct me if I'm wrong), almost all signs there
are in both miles and kilometers.

--
It is kisstomary to cuss the bride.

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z