POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Eastern/Atlantic Canada POV'ers? : Re: Eastern/Atlantic Canada POV'ers? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eastern/Atlantic Canada POV'ers?
From: stbenge
Date: 14 Oct 2008 17:42:33
Message: <48f51249@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback wrote:
> Morning,
>
> I've finally squirreled away enough skeckles to upgrade to a multi-core
> system, and I'm curious about where (if there are any) you POV'ers in my
> area go for hardware. I'm not into a BIG box store (Future Shop or Best
> Buy). Back in California I used to go to these traveling computer shows and
> sales but haven't been able to find anything like that here. One stop
> shopping would be ideal, but I'm not opposed to buying the case at one place
> and other components elsewhere. Online options would be ok but I'd like to
> keep the money in the region (support your local businesses)!
>
> Thanks
> Jim

I can't speak for the East Coast, or for any other state for that
matter, or for another county... Hell, all I can tell you is that small
businesses rock. It seems to be true for almost any kind of business. I
got my bicycle at a small shop, and it's great. Same for my computer,
and I have no complaints about it either (the recent problems were
probably my fault).

If you can find a good, local computer store, then you know who to
bother when the thing breaks down. Get a warranty and you should be
fine. It might cost more to get a shop-built unit, you won't have to
worry about getting features you don't want, inability to upgrade,
having to use Vista if you don't want to, etc.

Good luck!

Sam