POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Metric redux : Re: Metric redux Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:10:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metric redux
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Oct 2008 13:59:07
Message: <48f4ddeb$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Not to mention people's weight and height (but not clothing
> measurements, oddly enough).

Oh, tell me about clothing in the USA. Where women's sizes get larger
and larger for the same number. My wife has gone from a 6 to a 4 to a 2,
just by *not* getting fat. :-)

> Until recently most food was sold in
> imperial units. AFAIK wood is still sold as "two-be-four". ;-)

And where it's sold in metric units, I understand, it's sold in lengths
of (for example) 120 cm, rather than a meter, because you can't cut a
meter in thirds.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)