POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blah : Re: Blah Server Time
10 Oct 2024 05:19:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blah
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Oct 2008 13:50:07
Message: <48f4dbcf@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz wrote:
> 	The 10 GB used by the hidden container, if contiguous (which I suspect
> it is), will always appear as a 10 GB contiguous block of free space
> when you decrypt the outer container.

There have been file systems designed for this purpose where the sectors
are allocated randomly and chained together. I don't know if TrueCrypt
does this, since I'm not especially trying to hide the existence of
encrypted stuff from law enforcement as much as I am from thieves who
might break in.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)