POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blah : Re: Blah Server Time
10 Oct 2024 05:21:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blah
From: scott
Date: 14 Oct 2008 10:36:58
Message: <48f4ae8a@news.povray.org>
>> Privacy is not being lifted from everyone, just people like Tim where the
>> police had a reasonable reason for wanting to check what was on his PC.
>
>  If the police can invade the privacy of anyone they want,

They can't, they need to demonstrate to a judge that they have reasonable
reason to believe that a PC *might* contain illegal material.  If they have
proof that someone living in a house has downloaded CP, then I think it's
reasonable to confiscate every PC in that house.

Don't worry Warp, they're not just going to choose you at random because you
"look funny" then come in and take your PC!