POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Metric redux : Re: Metric redux Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metric redux
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 14 Oct 2008 09:49:06
Message: <48f4a352@news.povray.org>
news:48f3ee66$1@news.povray.org...
>I must say, having spent another couple weeks in Europe, metric
>measurements for food and drink no longer seem awkward to me. :-)

haha .... this was a bit of a learning curve for me when I moved to Canada.
You know what I find odd is that lumber and plumbing pipe is still sold by
inches and feet,  (government projects get converted) but
temp/rain/snowfall, highway signs, and liquid measure are metric. Is anyones
system mixed like that?

Jim