POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Research : Re: Research Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:12:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Research
From: Tom Austin
Date: 14 Oct 2008 08:31:10
Message: <48f4910e$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> Here are a couple of tips for everyone when working on live equipment. Wear
> insulating footwear and keep one hand in your pocket. That way the current is
> less likely to find a path through your body.

I am not an electrician, so I know enough to be dangerous.
Actually, I studied electrical engineering - so I know enough to keep
mostly safe.

I was thinking I would write about keeping a hand in the pocket, but you
beat me to it.

I always have a hand in my pocket when routing wires in my main electric
panel where I can't easily turn everything off.  It isn't enough to just
keep a hand away - by instinct you will use it to grab on to something.

I've been lucky, I've never been hit with anything more than 110v

Tom