POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blah : Re: Blah Server Time
10 Oct 2024 07:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blah
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 13 Oct 2008 15:05:11
Message: <48f39be7$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 10:23:19 -0500, Mueen Nawaz wrote:

> If, however,
> they're searching your computer for evidence about someone else's crime,
> I don't think you can plead the Fifth.

I would think that depends on the scope of the search; ISTR that in some
cases, you could be required to turn over the password, but only after
reaching an agreement about the scope of the search only applying to data
pertaining to the crime being investigated - the data couldn't be used
for other prospective crimes.

IANAL and all that, though.

Jim