POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blah : Re: Blah Server Time
10 Oct 2024 05:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blah
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 13 Oct 2008 15:03:33
Message: <48f39b85$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 21:53:54 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> I'm pretty sure you're not
> required to give them the password to it.

I seem to recall reading recently that there has been a challenge in the
US about the 5th amendment right to not self-incriminate and how it
applies to not being required to turn over passwords.  I don't think
there's a legal precedent for it right now, but it makes sense to me (as
a non-lawyer) that that right to not incriminate oneself would extend to
not providing a password to data that might be used to incriminate you.

Jim