POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Research : Re: Research Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Research
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 13 Oct 2008 13:23:58
Message: <48f3842e$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> Wow. I'm glad we only use half the voltage here. I've been shocked a few
> times in the US, and while it leaves you shaking a bit, I can't imagine
> it being bad enough to knock you down. I mean, I wouldn't want to repeat
> the experience, it's like stubbing your toe: not especially dangerous.

...which reminds me of the time I stood on an upturned BS1363 plug,
barefoot.

Trust me, it hurt.

It hurt *almost* as much as a split second later, when I grabbed a
red-hot gas fire griddle to support myself as I hopped around in pain.

I had a griddle pattern on the skin of my hand for, like, a month after
that...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/