POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Research : Re: Research Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Research
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 13 Oct 2008 13:22:09
Message: <48f383c1$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:

> Somewhere on Youtube there's a video of a backhoe making contact with a
> (I think) 15kv overhead line. Needless to say, the backhoe was no more.

If you can think of it, it's probably on YouTube.

I heard some guy has one of those mains grid transformers in a shed at
the end of his garden. (I don't know how common this is in other parts
of the world, but it's not "rare" in the UK.) Apparently one day the
whole street lost power, and this shed looked "like the 5th of
November". Apparently when the power company finally turned of the
circuit, there was a bit of a crater.

Damn, I would *not* want to be around that crap! o_O

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/