POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Research : Re: Research Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:12:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Research
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 13 Oct 2008 12:24:03
Message: <48f37623$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> That worked for about 20 minutes, and then the ends unhooked.
> Frustrated, my dad picked up the ends again... and then got up off the
> floor and UNPLUGED THE HEATER before repeating this action. ;-)

As a kid, about 5, for some reason still unknown to me today, I got it
in my head that I should unplug the clock that was on top of a dresser,
so I crawled underneath the furniture, grabbed the plug, slid my fingers
behind it to get more leverage, and >Thump< a nice 110V hit. From that
day forward, I've had a very healthy respect for electricity. But, no. I
wouldn't recommend anyone make contact with live wires. It's just asking
for a trip to the morgue.
--
~Mike